Best tool

Olivier Saut saut at mip.ups-tlse.fr
Thu Apr 22 05:43:20 PDT 2004

Diabolo wrote:
> Hi guys what is the best tool to make cluster like OPENMOSIX in linux
> LAM its the best???

AFAIK there is no equivalent to Mosix on FreeBSD (though I think mosix
was initially developed on BSD OS). There is no checkpointing in FBSD
but there is a working implementation in DragonFly BSD (which I'd like
to see backported to FBSD but I am far from being able to do the job).

If you just want to run MPI apps, ports/net/mpich runs fine. I have also
worked flawlessly with LAM but it is not in the ports system.

Regards,

			- Olivier