iSCSI and clustering with FreeBSD

Kip Macy kmacy at fsmware.com
Thu Jun 5 10:18:28 PDT 2003

> I think it's mostly process migration combined with a scheduler. It
> still doesn't support threads of one process on different machines
> IIRC. Then again, the performance to sync such would be prohibitively
> anyway.

It has a number of extensions for improving performance, including
a clustered file system. The unpatched version (which itself is a
_large_ patch), cannot migrate rfork style threaded programs. The
problem is linux views (or, at least pre-nptl, viewed) threads as
separate processes, so only migrating one process would be extremely
expensive.

			-Kip