iSCSI and clustering with FreeBSD

Andy Sporner sporner at nentec.de
Thu Jun 5 06:48:38 PDT 2003

Hi

It's about time for me to get back in the fray here.

As far as I know there is no work being done on I-scsi.  It would be
a  *VERY* welcome work.  If you have kernel questions--ask!!  I
have bandwidth for questions--just not the whole project.  I am
well versed with drivers in FreeBSD.

I am (finally!!!) finishing the failover effort for FreeBSD.  It is
sort of like what Sequent had in their clusters (minus lock manager).
I think wish to tackle process migration.  I have a good idea what has
to be done and I don't think 2 year is the target.  Once I can start
it could be 2-3 months.  (I know I said that back in January--but
then again how many times has 5.0 release been delayed ;-))

Andy