Fwd: [GE users] FreeBSD binaries for 5.3p4

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 24 17:57:03 PDT 2003

FYI, In case anyone on this list didn't know.

 -Ron

P.S. Gridengine is a batch system (similar to PBS or
LSF), but is free and with lots of features.

http://people.freebsd.org/~brooks/sge/sge-5.3p4-bin-fbsd-i386.tar.gz

> If you use this tarball, you will need to do the
> following once you have
> installed it and the common files from
> gridengine.sunsource.net:
>
> cd $SGE_ROOT
> perl -p -i -e 's/freebsd-/fbsd-/g' util/arch
> util/arch_variables
>
> This is due to a change made to the branch just
> after release which
> was backported as a patch in the port so binaries
> will use the same
> architecture strings going forward.
>
> If you wish to build the port your self of wish to
> use the SGEEE port,
> they are both in this tarball:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~brooks/sge/sge.tar.gz
>
> They will be added to the ports collection in due
> time.
>
> Finally, due to the fact that the FreeBSD port
> system can't deal with
> the source download URLs on the GE website, there is
> a bzip'd version of
> the source distribution on the FreeBSD ftp mirror
> network.  One copy is
> available at:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/local-distfiles/brooks/sge-V53p4_TAG-src.tar.bz2