FreeBSD on AWS Graviton (t4g)

Rafal Lukawiecki raf at rafal.net
Wed Jan 20 19:23:53 UTC 2021

> On 20 Jan 2021, at 18:54, Colin Percival <cperciva at tarsnap.com> wrote:
>
> If you run 'shutdown' from inside the EC2 instance it should work fine.  Just
> don't use the EC2 API to stop the ARM instances.

The Autoscaling Group terminates and launches instances, I am afraid, as it discovers any issues. Unless I do a convoluted workaround of setting up a CloudWatch event looking for an alarm from the group to then call a Lambda that in turn talks to the instance to shut it down...it may be attractive to wait till it works inside 13.0. :)

Rafal