12.2 AMI Maker Issue

Colin Percival cperciva at tarsnap.com
Fri Jan 1 00:20:16 UTC 2021

On 12/31/20 10:36 AM, Rafal Lukawiecki via freebsd-cloud wrote:
>> pkg: Not enough space in /mnt/var/cache/pkg, needed 313 MiB available 90 MiB
>
> For what it is worth, I just resized the nvd0p3 using:
>
> gpart resize -i 3 -s 7G nvd0
> growfs -y /dev/nvd0p3
>
> …and that allowed me to proceed with pkg installs and freebsd-update. If this is not the way to do it, let me know. In the meantime, I will continue testing. Many thanks.

Yes, that's the right solution.  The disk image installed on nvd0 is *exactly*
the same as the release image -- it's less than 10 GB in case someone wants to
launch onto a disk of less than 10 GB.  If you're adding more packages to it,
wanting to expand the filesystem is not at all surprising.

--
Colin Percival