EC2 ARM64 AMIs

Colin Percival cperciva at tarsnap.com
Thu Apr 4 05:29:23 UTC 2019

Hi cloudy and army people,

With this commit it became possible to build EC2 ARM64 AMIs straight
out of a clean HEAD source tree:

# make TARGET=arm64 TARGET_ARCH=aarch64 buildworld buildkernel
# make -C release WITH_CLOUDWARE=YES AWSKEYFILE=... AWSREGION=...
AWSBUCKET=... TARGET=arm64 TARGET_ARCH=aarch64 ec2ami

If all goes well, gjb@ will be building these as part of the weekly
FreeBSD snapshots; but in case anyone doesn't want to wait for those
I've built a round of AMIs:

ap-northeast-1: ami-0acf717e884761a19
ap-northeast-2: ami-06d3076e861fa7993
ap-south-1: ami-034d652acc6b0f378
ap-southeast-1: ami-00e6244ba84b97b4a
ap-southeast-2: ami-0158b3ed5ffb72d63
ca-central-1: ami-0e57c2206fd35e008
eu-central-1: ami-084c50de545dc70b5
eu-north-1: ami-026634d6aff5e1ce2
eu-west-1: ami-09e7f14514dcf9d94
eu-west-2: ami-03224a0fa11ad5d60
eu-west-3: ami-0102b4b677e86aeb8
sa-east-1: ami-05051a63643cdcd17
us-east-1: ami-0ff7fa1d1acce3d38
us-east-2: ami-08475ffa7e3586891
us-west-1: ami-0de79ee79009d8a45
us-west-2: ami-074dde074e60ebf62

I hope to have this and related commits MFCed in time for the upcoming
FreeBSD 11.3-RELEASE.

Many thanks Greg V, who did most of the "heavy lifting" of figuring out
what was needed in order to get FreeBSD working on ARM64 EC2 instances.

Colin Percival