Chromium after 33?

Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng. lkchen at ksu.edu
Tue May 27 21:54:08 UTC 2014

So, what do I need to do, to have chromium working again?  I'm starting to go
through withdrawal of the things I can't do using Opera (nuked Firefox after I
got it customized the way I liked again and it goes and trashes my profile
again...something about changes to how it sync's)

Originally with the various 34's and the recent 35....it would just quietly
vanish....segv.

I tried rebuilding libexecinfo.so, no help.

I then tried rebuilding everything it depended on....hope that doesn't break
anything else.  Though probably wasn't necessary, not everything chooses to
use gcc for their compile.  But, wondered if the change of default GCC from
4.6 to 4.7 was the problem....not sure I want to rebuild everything....though
I was surprised that it churned through them all with only the occasional
problem port.

It re-installed 249 ports, installed 32 (I have portmaster set to delete
build-only ports when its done.)  My home system has 2027 ports installed
currently.  (it takes number 1 :p work system has 1567, headless server 1 has
413 and headless server 2 has 566)

Thought at one time there was something about clang vs gcc in getting chromium
to work.  Or perhaps it was a different port.  But, it seems set on using gcc
4.7.3.  Even though I though clang is supposed to be the preferred compiler
now, also have it set as my FAVORITE_COMPILER in /etc/make.conf...

I know I once set "DISABLE_MAKE_JOBS= YES" for it in make.conf (apparently, I
have DISABLE_VULNERABILIES set for it :)

--
Who: Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng. - W0LKC - Sr. Unix Systems Administrator
For: Enterprise Server Technologies (EST) -- & SafeZone Ally