I Love FreeBSD!

Reed Loefgren rloefgren at forethought.net
Sat May 15 08:05:44 UTC 2010

On 01/27/10 07:15, Jayton Garnett wrote:
>> Define "most regions".  There is a whole world outside the US.
>>

> surely not ? The US is the all encompassing awesomeness.

Your point is well taken, and I even agree to some extent with its
sentiment. But, for example, not too long ago I could wear my most ratty
pair of blue jeans on the street in Tokyo and I'd have been able to sell
them right off my body for over 200 American. I didn't have to force
anything on that person; they wanted it. I suppose that's the fault of
the US government (and Levi Strauss too), right?

Exchanges like this about very complicated subjects, especially in the
fractured ebb and flow of usenet type communication, is almost never
very efficient or effective, and often demeans the subject by degrading
into simplistic examples, statements and accusations, by accident or
even intent.

However, this is chat@, so knock yourselves out, just don't expect the
kind of *real* communication you'd get sitting across from someone
different from you and talking over a beer or some sweet tea. There is a
limit to what a computer can do, even one running FreeBSD.