How Fetchmail made me a spammer

Jayton Garnett jayton.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 12:23:32 UTC 2010

We have clients that send large legal documents & others that send multiple
presentations in one email. As an admin it seems silly and we all say "use
FTP" but the EU's are non-technical and they don't see a reason to use
another method of transferring files when they have one they've been using
since before we took them on as customers, so  they don't want to change -
they pay the bills so we have to adapt, which is fair enough to an extent.

Obviously when they want to send files larger than 20Mb we do insist on
other methods (and reworking their documents to reduce the size, some .doc's
can contain 6Mb hi-res images that have been reduced to fit in the
document), in any case this is still a rare occasion.

FYI -Exchange is set to 10Mb as default.

Just because we as techie's know *better* ways to send large files, doesn't
mean non-techie's do, it's a good thing too because we'd be out of a job :)

Regards,
Jay