How Fetchmail made me a spammer

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Thu Jan 14 15:49:39 UTC 2010

Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> Programmer In Training <pit at joseph-a-nagy-jr.us> writes:
>> Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at des.no> writes:
>>> None of this would have happened if you were using IMAP instead of POP.
>> A possible solution, but who likes IMAP?
>
> Pretty much anyone who likes software that works properly and protocols
> that help rather than hinder the software's efforts to not royally f**k
> up your mailbox.

But not Microsoft, apparently, or anyone whose primary
usage of the IMAP protocol depends on their impression
of the way Outlook plays with it.

My $0.02,

KDK

P.S.  Glad this is chat, or I'd *definitely* be trolling.
Probably am anyways, but I needed to vent over a recent
issue in regards to the above.