LinuxBSDos.com article

Brett Glass brett at lariat.net
Thu Feb 18 18:25:01 UTC 2010

At 03:06 AM 2/18/2010, Charlie Kester wrote:

>http://linuxbsdos.com/2010/02/18/pc-bsds-graphical-firewall-manager/
>
>"PC-BSD is ... the only BSD-based distribution that’s in a position to
>compete with the best Linux desktop distributions..."

Wish it were fully BSD-based! Alas, it uses a GPLed GUI. (Yes, I
know that this doesn't matter to everyone, but it matters a lot to
me personally. I want to be able to hack on the code without
lending support to the political agenda that accompanies the GPL; I
also do not want to open myself to appropriation of my work due to
having inspected GPLed code. No flame wars, please.)

In any event, if I were to run a FreeBSD-based desktop system (as
opposed to servers and appliances, which is what I do with
FreeBSD), I'd want the GUI to be BSD-licensed or Apache-licensed.

--Brett Glass