Is there anybody to use Linux?

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Mon Nov 16 12:34:36 UTC 2009

Byung-Hee HWANG <bh at izb.knu.ac.kr> wrote:
 > Since FreeBSD's flash is not good, i'm considering to use linux box for
 > desktop, instead of FreeBSD. Please advice me about using Linux distro
 > like as Ubuntu, Debian, Gentoo, Fedora!

The newest flash plugin works fine here with FreeBSD 8
and linux_base-f10, with linprocfs and linsysfs mounted
(I'm not sure if both are really needed for flash, but
at least they don't hurt; I need them for other Linux
binaries anyway).

See the "20090401" entry in /usr/ports/UPDATING for
information about how to update to a newer linuxulator.

Best regards
   Oliver

"Unix gives you just enough rope to hang yourself --
and then a couple of more feet, just to be sure."
        -- Eric Allman