Domain Name Market

Jason C. Wells jcw at highperformance.net
Mon Nov 2 04:44:08 UTC 2009

That subject header looks like spam already, but I couldn't think of a
better one that was apropos.

Where is the best place to sell a domain name?  Stated another way,
where can I sell a domain name where the market is sufficiently large
and legitimate to fetch a fair price.

I have been using this domain for a very long time now.  I really don't
want to maintain it any more. I'm mostly giving up on the unix hobby.
But if you go looking for a market place to sell a domain, you find a
bunch of jokers trying to sell "stoopidnamezxy.zh" for $21,000,000.  It
looks like the market is purely squatters trying to get rich quick.  A
domain name without a developed business shouldn't be worth too much.
Still, I'd like to get something having paid for the damn thing for ten
years.

ebay seems like a crap shoot with all the squatters out there.

Thanks,
Jason