FSF v Cisco on GPL reached settlement

Brett Glass brett at lariat.net
Thu May 21 05:40:13 UTC 2009

Note that the FSF says that "compliance" is their number one goal.
In other words, they are saying, "Bend over."

This is one reason why I am very glad about the work on "un-GNUed"
(but fully compatible) versions of utilities such as grep. I am
looking forward to the day when I can build FreeBSD with a
completely BSD-licensed toolchain.

--Brett Glass