using VPNs to cope with IP address changes

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Sun Nov 30 13:36:54 PST 2008

Dan Langille wrote:
> Kevin Kinsey wrote:

>> Incidentally, I note no responses on your blog just yet, and wondered
>> if it had something to do with the CAPTCHA being Darn Near Impossible
>> to read (IMHO)?  Maybe it's just my eyes.
>
> Is this easier?
>
> http://dan.langille.org/wp-content/bot-check/bc-image.php?human=Wow83QpZ6AM=

A little bit, yes.  In particular, and again, it's just me [*blush*]...
I just noted that it helps to be closer than 30" from the CRT if I want
to read the image.

And re: someone's comment (private to both of us) about machine reading,
I've no idea how good the botz are at that, so I'd not let my comments
affect your bot blocking unless you get more opinions on it.  Or find
the botz can read it ;-)

I do appreciate what you do for the community at large, Dan.

Kevin Kinsey
--
A sine curve goes off to infinity, or at least the end of the blackboard.
		-- Prof. Steiner