Stop Adobe Flash Petition

Alphons "Fonz" van Werven a.j.werven at student.utwente.nl
Thu Jun 26 12:48:27 UTC 2008

Martin Tournoij wrote:

> I'm not sure why so many sites from big companies use flash, maybe
> it's some bigshot suit who thinks he knows best or something...

That probably has a lot to do with it. I think it's often not so much the
actual webdesigners but rather their customers (i.e. the companies hiring
them) who request Flash because it looks good, not having a clue about its
disadvantages.

Alphons

P.S. There was a long thread about this subject on -questions not so long
ago, which can probably be found in the archives.

--
If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming.
If you want to experience the element, get out of the vehicle.