Microsoft buys Yahoo

KAYVEN RIESE kayve at sfsu.edu
Sat Feb 2 14:07:05 PST 2008

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008, jerry at syslog.org wrote:

> I've been through many M&A deals.  MS will be able to successfully argue
> that the MS+Yahoo! combo does not constitute a monopoly, since:
> 1) the share of search of the combined companies does not equal that of
> it's competitor, Google (source:
> http://searchenginewatch.com/showPage.html?page=3627122)

Those numbers are quite different than those presented on the news
I saw the other day.  Google was up to 62%, and I feel like I remember
MSN being doing to 2.9%.  Yahoo is harder for me to recall, but 18.9%
seems right.  My memory is foggy I guess, because I am failing to see
how it adds up to 100%

this site is more update, and jibes with yours a little better

http://www.alleyinsider.com/2008/01/nielsen-google-yahoo-losing-search-share-to-msn-not-a-typo.html

heh  {:}  maybe I mistook 2.9% for 12.9%