Firefox in Multiple Windowing Systems

Crist J. Clark cristclark at comcast.net
Fri Feb 1 22:52:00 PST 2008

Not FreeBSD-specific enough for me to feel OK putting this
in freebsd-questions.

Anyway, anyone know of a trick to get Firefox to work in
multiple windowing environments at once? Specifically, I have
a machine that runs a local Xorg desktop as well as one or
more Xvnc instances. I don't know how to have a single instance
of Firefox open windows in more than one windowing environment.
I'm not sure if it is even possible. A single Firefox may not
have the ability to talk to more than one at a time.

I could just run more than one Firefox instance, but Firefox
does not let a single user run more than one instance on the
same machine. Getting around that problem is another solution.

Thanks for any ideas.

(And no, running the VNC desktop within the Xorg environment
is not sufficient.)
Crist J. Clark                     |     cjclark at alum.mit.edu