HP Support Fun

Michael Hernandez sequethin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 20:18:59 UTC 2006

This conversation just took place moments ago.

Me: "Hi I'd like to order a replacement hard drive for  my proliant
server. I have contract for 4 hour support 24x7. My serial number is
___, the part number is _____"

HP Guy: "thank you please hold while I transfer you to the person
that can help you"

Me: "Sure"

HP Girl: "Hello How are you today?"

Me: "I'm fine how are you?"

HP Girl: "Fine thank you. I see you are ordering a replacement part
for your server. I'm sorry but your contract is only valid between
2006 and 2007"

Me (after a pause to reflect): "...isn't it 2006 now?"

HP Girl: "Please hold."

Me (to self): "you have got to be f$@%^#g kidding me."

HP Girl (same girl as before): "Hello how are you today?"

Me: "I'm fine thank you. Can I have my drive please?"

HP Girl: "certainly. can you please tell me the part number?"

Me: "The part number is ___"

HP Girl: "I see you have 4 hour service, 24x7. Would you like the
drive tomorrow or today?"

Me: "Ummm today... within 4 hours?"

HP Girl: "Oh ok!"

Sometimes I wonder if this is all just a big joke... as if maybe
someone was recording a video of my reaction to play on some tv show.
But it's not. It's real. I just don't get it lol