Varnish Was: Re: can't query PR database

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Sun Nov 5 10:20:30 UTC 2006

On 2006.11.04 18:18:06 +0100, Christer Solskogen wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 18:03:17 +0100
> "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
> > On 2006.11.03 19:05:13 +0200, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> >
> > The problem was caused by squid not running on www.FreeBSD.org, so it
> > needed to be manually restarted.  The root cause was that too many
> > query-pr requests were running simultaneously, which caused
> > www.FreeBSD.org to run out of memory and swap.  The query-pr CGI
> > script has been "fixed" so it shouldn't be able to do this again.
> >

> Will varnish be the proxy for FreeBSD.org? Has it been up for
> discussion?

Yes, it's very likely we will try that, but there are a bunch of other
things which needs to be done first (like getting the new
www.freebsd.org installed etc), so I have no idea when I will find
time to look at it.

--
Simon L. Nielsen