dumb names (was Re: Anyone ever tried experts-exchange for freebsd questions?)

Adrian Wontroba aw1 at stade.co.uk
Mon Apr 24 03:15:11 UTC 2006

On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 11:04:08AM -0400, Francisco Reyes wrote:
> Kris Kennaway writes:
> >their website used to be expertsexchange.com, which turned out not to
> >be so well thought out from a marketing perspective.
> Hehe.. that was dumb..

I had a Doh! moment of my own, long before Homer appeared. One place I
worked used "test" as a prefix for user names, followed by the user's
initials. Our hardware supplier, International Computers Limited (the
name is now gone, the remains being part of the Fujitsu empire), wanted
a test user. It was only when listings with TESTICL banner headings
appeared on my desk that I realised what I'd done.

--
Adrian Wontroba