Why is not more FreeBSD software written in C++?

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Sat Apr 22 16:42:23 UTC 2006

Don Dugger <dugger at hotlz.com> writes:
> The fact is that all your c code will compile in c++

That is wrong.  To name just one example, C++ is much stricter about
type casts than C is.

> and the c++ compiler may optimize better then the c compiler.

I doubt it.  It is the exact same compiler with the exact same
optimizer and the exact same code generator.  The only difference
between gcc and g++ is the parser.

> C++ and C are languages that are defined by ANSI

No they're not.  It may surprise you to learn that there is a whole
world outside the USA which does not care one whit about ANSI.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no