LOCALE, Ltd.?

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Tue Apr 4 22:40:45 UTC 2006

I'd been talking on a forum with a Linux database guy,
and he mentioned that on the PostGres lists, people
would "love to use *BSD" but the locale support is limited.

Well, sure 'nough, `locale -a | wc -l` seems to be in the
mid-200s here, and his systems have over 550 locales.

I've probably not RTFM'ed enough, but I'm just looking
for a short answer.  What does FreeBSD need to have
more locales*?  I'm assuming the answer is, more people
in more locations willing to take the time to RTFM and
submit patches to $x team.....

Discussion?  Linkage?  Slaps to the head?

Kevin Kinsey

* and, of course, an obvious counter question:  *does* FreeBSD
need to have more LOCALES?"

--
Unprovided with original learning, unformed in the habits of thinking,
unskilled in the arts of composition, I resolved to write a book.