AMD Athlon64...

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Mon May 16 17:35:07 PDT 2005

Daniel O'Connor said the following on 5/16/2005 8:12 PM:

>I'd be reluctant to use it since it has an nForce chipset, I have an AV8 here
>which is working almost flawlessly (The only problem is that vge only work
>when compiled into the kernel). It's running 5.3 on an Athlon64 3000+.

Mm. There is that. Though it's easy enough to download the port & files
onto a thumb drive or floppy beforehand and pop the driver on after the
install.

It just adds a pre-step to updating the kernel  (download & install the
latest port for the driver... do the build/installkernel, then go back
and de/reinstall the port--I'm sure there's a better way of doing it,
but that's what I've been doing.)

Best,
--G.

          ~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759