Powerbook Setup

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Tue Oct 19 10:22:29 PDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 01:01:05PM -0400, Rahul Siddharthan wrote:

> Thanks for making it clear you're trolling.  Comparing a G4 with a
> celeron?

OK, you can get a P4 for the same price, but you're going to need to
whack out a few quid for a wireless card and a bluetooth dongle. You can
get decent build-quality Thinkpads at a similar spec to a Powerbook for
less cash. Do I *really* need to get the URLs out to prove this?

> Try doing those on any laptop.  Replacing the screen costs about as
> much as a new machine.  I'd agree with everything you say --
> overpriced, proprietary lock-in, etc -- on Apple desktops.  With
> laptops, Apple are extremely competitive, and therefore are selling
> very well, too.

I disagree, but then I've only owned three thinkpads and have never had
an iBook or Powerbook bought with my own cash, so what do I know?

--
Paul Robinson