Need advice on an application for creating a Newsletter

Srot BULL pwd8jmr22w at me.point.ne.jp
Sat Jul 24 19:18:00 PDT 2004

Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> A very beautiful and aesthetically pleasing newsletter (at least for my
> standards) that is typeset using tools available on any UNIX system is
> "irregular expressions" -- the newsletter of the CS Department of the
> Okanagan University College (British Columbia, Canada):
>
>         http://www.ouc.bc.ca/cosc/newsletter/
>
> One of their issues included a note that said the latex magic that is
> needed to use a layout similar to theirs (or a locally hacked version,
> anyway) is available at request.
>
> I don't know what sort of experience you have with LaTeX but I'd ask the
> editor if the macros and LaTeX setup they use can be used by others too.
>
> Of course, you can find innumerable newsletters that use TeX or LaTeX
> for layout.  I'm not suggesting that this particular newsletter is the
> perfect solution to everyone's needs.  I just thought I'd write about
> it, in case it seems useful.

Yes, I did visited the website of LaTeX and did some reading there too...
I also found "passpartout" that Mr. Jeremy Reed suggested to look at...
I will try to continue my readings and research of LateX and can only
hope I can make use of it in time, of course I could always try it in
the next issues to come...if not I could use lyx or passepartout
(backup) should time would not longer be on my side...
My apologies for this late reply...

Srot BULL