RSI-basher?

Daniel M. Kurry gh at over-yonder.net
Tue Aug 10 12:49:19 PDT 2004

Charles Oppermann said something like:
> When I started getting wrist RSI from typing, I switched to a Microsoft
> Natural keyboard - the angle of the two halves doesn't bend your wrist.
> More recently, I've been using a Kensington trackball - but I only get the
> ego benefit when the optional wrist support is attached.

To no one in particular:

The MS Natural helped me, too, but the 'board will not make it impossible
for a typist to further the problem. In addition, though the MS
Natural helps here, too, the risk of significant joint damage remains.

A setup that keeps the wrists near-vertical is the Right Way(tm)---in my
untrained, non-practicing medical opinion. I just wish I had tech to back
this up. Key no-brainer tip: don't type with your forearms higher than
they should be. If nothing else, lower positioning is less damaging than
keeping them too high.

Dan