Beginning C++ in FreeBSD

Sergey Zaharchenko doublef at tele-kom.ru
Wed Apr 28 19:29:49 PDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 07:05:41PM +0200,
 Dag-Erling SmЬrgrav probably wrote:
> Sergey Zaharchenko <doublef at tele-kom.ru> writes:
> > [ In fact, what I described is indeed intended to be a shared library,
> > not a whole program... ]
>
> this is irrelevant.  you have to consider the system as a whole.

Consider the following situation. You have to write a plugin for some
already existing program (and that program uses dlopen() on UN*X-like
systems and something appropriate on Windoze and etc to load the shared
library). Are you going to persuade the author to `consider they system
as a whole' and link it statically to their program or what?

--
DoubleF
"The chain which can be yanked is not the eternal chain."