[Fwd: Re: RMS says: 'Use BSD, for goodness sake!']

Dag-ErlingSmørgrav des at des.no
Thu Jun 26 13:32:50 PDT 2003

Paul Robinson <paul at iconoplex.co.uk> writes:
> ports/misc/freedialog, something I did in 1999.
> [...]
> OpenBSD on Sunday removed GNU grep in favor of freegrep, which was another
> project from 1999.  It was a busy couple of months :)

I'm a bit surprised to see you claim credit for freegrep, as it was
written by JP Howard and myself, and your name doesn't appear anywhere
in the sources or documentation.

OpenBSD, by the way, uses a completely different implementation
written by Carson Harding.  Your name doesn't appear there either.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no