SARS (was: anyone notice what os the #1 hosting provider is using?)

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Tue Jun 24 14:07:43 PDT 2003

Dan Langille wrote:
> On 24 Jun 2003 at 16:31, Bill Moran wrote:
>
>>Dan Langille wrote:
>>
>>>*cough*
>>
>>You might want to have that looked at ... wouldn't want it
>>to turn into something serious (sars?)
>
> But seriously, with respect to Canada, how much press is SARS
> getting?  What impression are you being left with in terms of the
> risks?  Number of people infected?  How the residents are reacting?

If you're speaking to me, specifically:  I live in Pennsylvania ... and
I pay almost no attention to the mass media - I don't trust them.

Ever since Sept 11th, when supposedly "reputable" media sources were
spreading all manner of lies in the interest of "getting a scoop" I
have refused to pay any attention to mass media.  I did spend a few
months researching the stories they reported after Sept 11th and I've
come to the personal conclusion that any assertation by the media that
they've researched the story they're reporting or that they have any
clue what's actually going on is just another lie.

So I don't have any opinion on the sars situation.  I simply have heard
people talk about it off and on, so I know enough that I figure it's
a good topic to make tasteful jokes about (although I sometimes misjudge
where the line is between tasteful and whatver other kind of jokes there
are)

I also do not trust mainstream medicine, who are the people babbling about
sars to the media, and I do not fear disease the way some people do, since
I've been lucky enough to be born with a somewhat stronger than average
immune system.  Since (from what I have heard) most of the people who seem
to be dying from sars are in the "not in great health" category, I don't
consider the disease a threat to me, personally.

So, I guess I have heard some things, and I guess that's my opinion of
what I've heard.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies