anyone notice what os the #1 hosting provider is using?

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Tue Jun 24 13:31:42 PDT 2003

Dan Langille wrote:
> On 24 Jun 2003 at 14:31, Brian Sobolak wrote:
>

>><http://uptime.netcraft.com/perf/reports/Hosters>
>>
>>FreeBSD is the OS of the #1 listed hosting provider.  Sweet.
>
> *cough*

You might want to have that looked at ... wouldn't want it
to turn into something serious (sars?)

> "Hosting Providers sites ordered by failures (50 sites)"

The part I find interesting, is that if you sort by the various
performance and reliability columns, you find that the number one
provider for each stat is using FreeBSD in most cases.  (Except
the DNS response times, looks like the Linux folks are faster at
that)

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies