FYI: Plan9 open sourced

Bakul Shah bakul at bitblocks.com
Sat Jun 21 13:06:11 PDT 2003

> You need to re-read the licence. A licence can (and the plan 9 one does)
> explicitly require you to comply with the US export regulations. This may
> not be a valid clause in some jurisdictions, but the fact remains that
> that is what

I am not denying it explicitly requires you to comply with
the US export regs.  My point was simply that it _does not
matter_!  *Whether or not a license explicitly says so*, if
you are in the US you are required to comply, if you are not
in the US, you are not.  IMHO it was meaningless to include
this clause in the plan 9 license but "it does no harm".
Rejecting the license as not open on the basis of this clause
also does not make sense.