Advice on how to straighten out a crappy ISP

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Tue Jun 17 19:34:15 PDT 2003

Brad Knowles wrote:
> At 9:50 PM -0400 2003/06/17, Bill Moran wrote:
>
>>  Does anyone have any suggestion on how I can get them to fix their
>>  worthless shit?  I've tried being nice.  I've tried being an asshole.
>>  I have nothing to threaten with, as there are no other high-speed
>>  providers in this area.
>
>     Don't bother.  Find someone else that has a secure SMTP server (with
> a static IP address) that they will let you use and which allows
> SMTPAUTH and/or TLSSMTP, and then use them to relay all your mail.
> Unfortunately, this may cost more money than buying a static IP address
> for yourself.

Well Brad (and anyone else who took interest in this thread) ... it's
suddenly fixed.  I was looking into it to get the details of what was
wrong and now they've suddenly fixed it.
I would be very happy except for the weeks that I spend arguing with
them that they refused to admit anything was wrong ... but maybe my
messages finally got through to someone who realized that I had a
valid complaint.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies