Antivirus for (mailservers on) FreeBSD

Paul Chvostek paul+fbsd at it.ca
Thu Jun 12 13:01:17 PDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 08:28:58PM +0200, Gianmarco Giovannelli wrote:

> Now RAV  was acquired by Microsoft and they'll discontinue all the non
> Windows products.

And this is how Microsoft contributes to the industry?  ;-)

> Now I am looking for another antivirus product that work fine with
> sendmail-milter and FreeBSD.

I've used /usr/ports/security/inflex in the past with great success,
though these days the port is obsolete and may not work; you can find
info at http://pldaniels.com/inflex/.  The commercial variant is very
nice indeed and can be found at http://www.xamime.com/.

These days, I use my own scanner, which consists of a procmail-launched
wrapper to /usr/ports/security/vscan/.  You can even pay NAI a whopping
$35 (at least that's what I was charged) for a licensed version if you
don't want to filter out the license warnings yourself.

I haven't released my procmail recipes and wrapper (they're kind of
customized), but they shouldn't be too hard to duplicate.

--
  Paul Chvostek                                             <paul at it.ca>
  Operations / Abuse / Whatever