FreeBSD Version Release numbers

Terry Lambert tlambert2 at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 10 23:13:31 PDT 2003

"Michal F. Hanula" wrote:
> > started with the letter N".  That, or "Steelypips", though
> > "Trurl" does have "URL" in it...
>
> Where did ``Steelypips'' come from? Remind me of The Cyberiad,
> but I've only read it in Czech, so it really shouldn't.

The Cyberiad, English translation.  It's also in the fortunes
database on FreeBSD, because someone had taste.  8-).

> (The machine that can make anything beginning with N is a good idea. We
> could even force it to make Natrium if we had a latin locale)

If it could make anything beginning with 'N' in any language,
the it would be a machine that could make anything, since
everything can be said to begin with 'N' in *some* language...

-- Terry