Welcome Aboard The Internet TOURBUS!

L-Soft list server at America Online, Inc. (1.8e) LISTSERV at LISTSERV.AOL.COM
Mon Jun 2 00:44:27 PDT 2003

WELCOME TO TOURBUS
------------------

  TOURBUS is an e-mail newsletter brought to you by the team of
  Patrick Douglas Crispen, creator of the popular ROADMAP series
  and "Doctor Bob" Rankin, freelance writer and author of several
  books, including "The No BS Guide to Red Hat Linux".

  TOURBUS is a FREE tour of some of the coolest sites on the Internet.
  Since 1995, Patrick and Bob have served as your tour guides, giving
  you an inside look at what actually makes each TOURBUS stop "cool".
  We also keep you up to date on Internet tools and technology with
  our (sometimes humorous) weekly commentaries.

  Some TOURBUS postings may contain messages from our sponsors.  This
  helps to offset the effort required to bring you a high quality
  resource twice each week. (Posts go out on Tuesday and Thursday.)
  A companion CDROM with the COMPLETE TOURBUS ARCHIVES is also
  available.  See the bottom of this message for details.

THE TOURBUS WEBSITE
-------------------

  You can get back issues of the TOURBUS newsletter by visiting the
  TOURBUS Web Site at: http://www.tourbus.com/  You'll also find the
  TOURBUS FAQ, Free Stuff, Fun Polls, Trivia, and the must-see "Warp
  The Busdriver" game.  We encourage you to visit and familiarize
  yourself with TOURBUS while you're waiting for the next issue to
  arrive in your inbox.

MORE GOOD STUFF
---------------

  If you haven't already checked out the cool topical lists from
  PostMaster Direct, please visit the link below:

  http://www.tourbus.com/pmd.htm

LIST ADMINISTRIVIA
  command in the BODY of an e-mail to LISTSERV at LISTSERV.AOL.COM :

        SIGNOFF TOURBUS

  Want information on TOURBUS advertising?  You can reach an audience of
  over 90,000 readers with a TOURBUS ad spot.  For details, send e-mail
  to bob at tourbus.com

THE TOURBUS ARCHIVES ON CDROM
-----------------------------

We're happy to announce the availability of the Tourbus Archives (1995-
2001) on CDROM!  Due to space and time constraints, we can only keep
about two months of back issues online.  But now you can have over SIX
YEARS of Tourbus newsletters at your fingertips, fully searchable and
printable.  That's over 600 issues filled with advice, tips and
tricks, served with a healthy dose of offbeat humor.

It's especially nice to hear from readers that TOURBUS has been
helpful to them.  Here's what some of them have said:

 > "Thank you for your excellent newsletter. In these tumultuous days
 > of internet evolution, you consistently deliver extremely useful
 > and valuable articles." -- M. Kramer, Berkeley, CA

 > "A great resource, witty and practical.  What a refreshing change
 > from Internet garbage-as-usual." -- C. Schmidt, Atlanta GA

 > "Your timing is impeccable, your insights and knowledge about the
 > Internet invaluable.  Thank you for taking the time and effort to
 > help your fellow netizens!" -- Mary L., Indianapolis, IN

That's always been our goal, to deliver knowledge in a useful and
humorous format.  I'm sure you'll agree that the Tourbus Archives will
be a valuable tool when you have questions about Search Engines,
Viruses, dealing with Spam, or your online Privacy and Security.

The CDROM also comes with a FREE bonus -- Doctor Bob's special report
entitled "The Best of Everything".  This report will show you where to
find the absolute best websites in over a hundred categories.  The best
search engines, where to find shopping discounts and coupon codes,
online newspapers, tips for wanna-be webmasters, how to open a web
store, beat the spammers, access a database of urban legends, and lots more.

The Tourbus Archives is a valuable personal reference and makes a
great gift too.  To order your Tourbus Archives CDROM and get your
free copy of "The Best of Everything" click here:

  http://www.tourbus.com/cdrom.htm

CONTACT INFORMATION