Vendor service in Toronto

Dag-ErlingSmørgrav des at des.no
Mon Jul 14 04:40:37 PDT 2003

Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh at starjuice.net> writes:
> Compaq's finally out the window as a purchasing option for us, and I'm
> currently thinking either Dell or IBM.

Neither Dell nor IBM are good choices unless you're prepared to pay
muchos diñeros for a service contract - and in some cases
s/unless/even if/ (I remember IBM spending two weeks and bob knows how
much money trying to fix a DOA Netfinity 5600 instead of just
replacing it like we asked them to; they even flew in a tech circus
rep from Scotland who ended up replacing just about everything except
the case and the PSUs).  If you have to choose between those to, go
with Dell as their stuff is generally cheaper and less f***ed-up than
IBM's.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no