[Bug 253253] stable/13: efi boot always defaults to cons: serial
bugzilla-noreply at freebsd.org
bugzilla-noreply at freebsd.org
Thu Feb 4 20:19:40 UTC 2021
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=253253
--- Comment #2 from sirdice at gmail.com ---
Yeah, was grasping at straws with vidconsole. IIRC that was valid with the old
sc(4) console.
I don't seem to have ConOut?
root at molly:~ # efivar -d 8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-ConOut
efivar: fetching 8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-ConOut: No such file or
directory
root at molly:~ # efivar | grep ConOut
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-ConOutDev
root at molly:~ # efivar -d 8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-ConOutDev
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-ConOutDev
: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)/AcpiAdr(0x80010100)
I do have a ConInDev:
root at molly:~ # efivar | grep ConIn
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-ConInDev
root at molly:~ # efivar -d 8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-ConInDev
8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c-ConInDev
: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x0)/Acpi(PNP0303,0x0)
Note that this system has now been booted by manually setting Cons: to video.
Not sure if that matters for the contents of those variables. I can't get it to
boot at all if Cons: is set to serial.
I've also added a specific FreeBSD boot entry with efibootmgr to see if that
made any difference. It didn't.
root at molly:~ # efibootmgr
BootCurrent: 0000
Timeout : 1 seconds
BootOrder : 0000, 0001
+Boot0000* FreeBSD-13
Boot0001* Hard Drive
--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
More information about the freebsd-bugs
mailing list