[Bug 255316] Use of a Link-local address in resolv.conf does not work
bugzilla-noreply at freebsd.org
bugzilla-noreply at freebsd.org
Thu Apr 22 02:38:08 UTC 2021
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=255316
Bug ID: 255316
Summary: Use of a Link-local address in resolv.conf does not
work
Product: Base System
Version: 13.0-RELEASE
Hardware: Any
OS: Any
Status: New
Severity: Affects Some People
Priority: ---
Component: bin
Assignee: bugs at FreeBSD.org
Reporter: bc979 at lafn.org
Created attachment 224347
--> https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=224347&action=edit
Suggested Patch
If /etc/resolv.conf has a link-local IPv6 address for the DNS server, then host
does not function even though ping works properly. I have traced the problem
to /usr/src/contrib/unbound/libunbound/libunbound.c where the test for valid
characters does not accept the % or some of the following characters.
I have attached a patch which I believe resolves the problem, but am unable to
test it in the system as I was not able to figure out how to build host with
the updated file. I am also not confident that there are other places that use
that lib that cannot handle the link-local addresses.
--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
More information about the freebsd-bugs
mailing list