[Bug 246462] rtld/dlopen incorrect resolution of symbols [RTLD_DEEPBIND]
bugzilla-noreply at freebsd.org
bugzilla-noreply at freebsd.org
Thu May 14 18:43:13 UTC 2020
https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=246462
--- Comment #5 from Martin Birgmeier <d8zNeCFG at aon.at> ---
Well, I can't "show the minimal example that worked and then stopped" because I
only inferred that it has been working at some previous time from the code of
mysql_fdw I quoted.
RTLD_DEEPBIND is described in https://linux.die.net/man/3/dlopen
But what you write might be the solution. Does it mean that if the library
built by mysql57-client is linked with -Bsymbolic it will, when loaded,
preferentially resolve the symbols it requires with those found in the library
itself? Basically what is required that mysql_fdw resolves its symbols in the
standard way (thereby normally to the libraries installed by
postgresql12-client and any other libraries) and only the symbols in
libmysqlclient.so should be resolved preferentially to those in
libmysqlclient.so itself.
If yes then the linker flags in databases/mysql57-client need to be changed.
-- Martin
--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
More information about the freebsd-bugs
mailing list