exfatfsck 1.0.1 UTF-8 bug

Andrew Nayenko resver at gmail.com
Thu May 14 19:29:30 UTC 2015

>>> ERROR: `0.indexGroups' real size does not equal to size (237568 !=
>>> 419431).
>> That's the actual problem. This is a USB drive where you've copied the
>> /Application folder under OS X, right? Which OS X version have you been
>> using?
> Yes, the drive is USB/Thunderbolt Lacie Rugged 2TB (using USB
> connection), MacOSX Yosemite 10.10.* (hard to tell exactly as several
> computers use it).

I see. I relaxed this check in 1.1, so you just need to upgrade to the 
latest version of fuse-exfat and exfat-utils. Let me know whether they 
work for you.

>>> ERROR: name is too long.
>>> BUG: failed to convert name to UTF-8.
>> I believe this bug was fixed in 1.1. Unfortunately, FreeBSD port is
>> outdated. I've tried to contact the maintainer about a month ago without
>> success.
> Yes, I have also noticed that and reported to FreeBSD FS/BUGS mailing
> list and the maintainer. If there is no response I will try to verify
> and prepare an updated version :-)

This would be great! Please keep me informed.

  Andrew Nayenko <resver at gmail.com>

More information about the freebsd-bugs mailing list