kern/169663: [eventtimers] HP DL365 G5 hangs on boot

Shaddox, William Wshaddox at Vestcom.com
Wed Sep 11 15:10:01 UTC 2013


The following reply was made to PR kern/169663; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Shaddox, William" <Wshaddox at Vestcom.com>
To: "bug-followup at FreeBSD.org" <bug-followup at FreeBSD.org>,
	"harald.prettner at tugraz.at" <harald.prettner at tugraz.at>
Cc:  
Subject: Re: kern/169663: [eventtimers] HP DL365 G5 hangs on boot
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 10:06:04 -0500

 --_000_C5CBFC33A013E6459C9F355292DBD5FF26674B4B44mailboxlrar02_
 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
 
 I've had the same issue when using the older generation 5 HP servers but we=
  recently upgraded to gen7 and gen8 servers and they run freebsd9.1 without=
  any issues. I'm also sure, I've tested this on HP DL360G5 servers which ar=
 e Intel based and they do the same thing too.
 
 William Shaddox
 
 
 --_000_C5CBFC33A013E6459C9F355292DBD5FF26674B4B44mailboxlrar02_
 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii"
 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
 
 <html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-micr=
 osoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
 xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns=3D"http:=
 //www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=
 =3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Micros=
 oft Word 14 (filtered medium)"><style><!--
 /* Font Definitions */
 @font-face
 	{font-family:Calibri;
 	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
 /* Style Definitions */
 p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
 	{margin:0in;
 	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
 	font-size:11.0pt;
 	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
 a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
 	{mso-style-priority:99;
 	color:blue;
 	text-decoration:underline;}
 a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
 	{mso-style-priority:99;
 	color:purple;
 	text-decoration:underline;}
 span.EmailStyle17
 	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
 	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
 	color:windowtext;}
 .MsoChpDefault
 	{mso-style-type:export-only;
 	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
 @page WordSection1
 	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
 	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
 div.WordSection1
 	{page:WordSection1;}
 --></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
 <o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
 </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
 <o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
 <o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
 </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vli=
 nk=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>I’ve had t=
 he same issue when using the older generation 5 HP servers but we recently =
 upgraded to gen7 and gen8 servers and they run freebsd9.1 without any issue=
 s. I’m also sure, I’ve tested this on HP DL360G5 servers which =
 are Intel based and they do the same thing too.  <o:p></o:p></p><p cla=
 ss=3DMsoNormal><o:p> </o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>William Shaddox<o:=
 p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p> </o:p></p></div></body></html>=
 
 --_000_C5CBFC33A013E6459C9F355292DBD5FF26674B4B44mailboxlrar02_--


More information about the freebsd-bugs mailing list