USB issues (not just Re: PR backlog)

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Dec 27 09:34:00 PST 2007

In message: <200712271216.22436.mi+mill at aldan.algebra.com>
            Mikhail Teterin <mi+mill at aldan.algebra.com> writes:
: четвер 27 грудень 2007 10:52 до, M. Warner Losh Ви написали:
: > Usually that's called a maintainer, but we haven't had a real one in a
: > long time.  Or even a fake one.
:
: Well, you responded to me earlier suggesting, I take it upon myself to merge
: USB-advancements from 7.x to 6.x. That implied, somebody did something for
: 7.x, did not it? Can that body (whoever they are) not put on the vacant
: USB-maintainer hat and push the fixes/improvements into 6.x (preferably --
: before the 6.3 is released unto the world)? If not that same person, then,
: maybe, the people, whom you mention below as "looking at Hans' new stack",
: can do the merging?

I did the bulk of the work for the 7.0 stuff, at least getting things
into the tree.  Since I did the work, my last job got totally insane
and then I switched jobs.  I don't have the time needed to do this.

: But if somebody is, indeed, working on a new USB stack, that's
: terrific news.  It also implies, we might get a USB-maintainer some
: time soon. I just want it soon/er/, because it has been far too long
: already...

We can all agree that this is long overdue.  But we need to make sure
of a few critical details so we don't create another mess for
ourselves down the line.

Warner