[rand@meridian-enviro.com: PR kern/109152 -- RocketPort panics]

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Sun Apr 22 09:34:50 UTC 2007

Can any of our src committers take a look at this?

mcl

----- Forwarded message from "Douglas K. Rand" <rand at meridian-enviro.com> -----

From: "Douglas K. Rand" <rand at meridian-enviro.com>

We have 3 of the 32 port Comtrol PCI cards, the original 5v only
cards, not the newer universal PCI cards, and we are trying to upgrade
the system with all these serial ports from FreeBSD 4.8 (ya, kinda
old) to FreeBSD 6.2. And we are running into what seems like a common
problem with these cards: panics about non-busy devices:

  panic: device_unbusy: called for non-busy device rp0

The PR kern/109152 addresses this issue, and the patch from Craig
Leres added to the PR on Tue, 13 Mar 2007 19:27:01 -0700 solves the
problems for me. (I was experiencing the problems with HylaFAX, but it
seems easy to reproduce.)

Can this patch be applied to RELENG_6?

I've also tried the patch from John Baldwin posed to freebsd-hackers
in http://groups.google.com/group/mailing.freebsd.hackers/browse_frm/thread/883da63a8c62854d
that generates a rp_open_count for each device with out any change in
the behavior, I would continue to panic the system by sending a FAX.