Do obexapp and rfcomm_sppd work as server?

SAITOU Toshihide toshi at ruby.ocn.ne.jp
Thu Nov 14 15:33:42 UTC 2019

Hi,

Does the FreeBSD 12.1 work as server of obexapp and rfcomm_sppd?
I couldn't success with the following procedures:

After plugging the Bluetooth dongle then start bluetooth:

  # service bluetooth onestart ubt0
  /etc/rc.d/bluetooth: ERROR: Unable to setup Bluetooth stack for device ubt0
  # service bluetooth onestart ubt0
  /etc/rc.d/bluetooth: ERROR: Unable to setup Bluetooth stack for device ubt0
  # service bluetooth onestart ubt0

  # hccontrol -n ubt0hci inquiry
  Inquiry result, num_responses=1
  Inquiry result #0
  	BD_ADDR: 20:c9:d0:94:cc:ea
  	Page Scan Rep. Mode: 0x1
  	Page Scan Period Mode: 0x2
  	Page Scan Mode: 00
  	Class: 38:01:04
  	Clock offset: 0x59d
  Inquiry complete. Status: No error [00]

Start hcsecd and configure ubt0hci:

  Add this entry to /etc/bluetooth/hcsecd.conf:

    device {
            bdaddr  20:c9:d0:94:cc:ea;
            name    "mac";
            key     nokey;
            pin     "0000";
    }

  then

    # service hcsecd onestart ubt0

    # hccontrol -n ubt0hci write_authentication_enable 1
    # hccontrol -n ubt0hci write_scan_enable 3

  At this time, I can see this bluetooth dongle from another
  machine (MacBook) and these can be paired.

Start SDP daemon and some service application server:

  # service sdpd onestart

  # obexapp -s -C 1

    Double click the device on the Bluetooth window of the
    Macbook to send file but transferring is failed.

  # rfcomm_sppd -S

    After deletion of device and pairing again, the following
    nodes are appeared on the MacBook but not usable.

    /dev/tty.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port
    /dev/tty.hostnameubt0-SerialPort

--
SAITOU Toshihide