Dell 370 bluetooth minicard

Maksim Yevmenkin maksim.yevmenkin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 19:31:22 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 12:18 AM, Raoul <rmgls at free.fr> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 17:31:10 -0800
> Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Raoul <rmgls at free.fr> wrote:
>> >
>> > On my Dell E6400 the Dell bluetooth 370 wireless minicard (a CBM2046B&?)
>>
>> i assume its bcm2046b :)
>
> Sory, a typo: BCM2046B1.
>
>> > if i am right, does not attach to any driver.
>> > i tried several drivers and of course loaded ng_ubt.
>> > but rc.bluetooth start ubt0 reply
>> > ngctl: send msg: No such file or directory
>> > FreeBSD current r218726.
>> > It never attached, it is not a version problem.
>
>> is device recognized at all? i assume it presents itself as usb
>> device. if its the case ugen(4) should attach to it. do you see any
>> ugen(4) related messages? what does usbconfig(8) output look like?
>
> you are right (i forgot that, do we need a quirk?

thanks! no, quirk would not help it, imo. could you please also
provide device and vendor IDs? better yet, please provide output of

usbconfig dump_device_desc

>    usbconfig -u 0 -a 2 dump_all_config_desc:
>
> ugen0.2: <BCM2046B1 Broadcom> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=FULL (12Mbps) pwr=SAVE
>
>  Configuration index 0
>
>    bLength = 0x0009
>    bDescriptorType = 0x0002
>    wTotalLength = 0x0019
>    bNumInterfaces = 0x0001
>    bConfigurationValue = 0x0001
>    iConfiguration = 0x0000  <no string>
>    bmAttributes = 0x00e0
>    bMaxPower = 0x002f
>
>    Interface 0
>      bLength = 0x0009
>      bDescriptorType = 0x0004
>      bInterfaceNumber = 0x0000
>      bAlternateSetting = 0x0000
>      bNumEndpoints = 0x0001
>      bInterfaceClass = 0x0009
>      bInterfaceSubClass = 0x0000

hmm.... interesting...  bInterfaceClass is 0x9, i.e. hub. that
explains why ng_ubt(4) is not attaching to the device

>      bInterfaceProtocol = 0x0000
>      iInterface = 0x0000  <no string>
>
>     Endpoint 0
>        bLength = 0x0007
>        bDescriptorType = 0x0005
>        bEndpointAddress = 0x0081  <IN>
>        bmAttributes = 0x0003  <INTERRUPT>
>        wMaxPacketSize = 0x0001
>        bInterval = 0x00ff
>        bRefresh = 0x0000
>        bSynchAddress = 0x0000
>
>> lets start and see if card is recognized at all, i.e. ugen(4) should
>> be attaching to all usb devices by default.

so, we know device is recognized (well at least somewhat). is there a
physical button to turn radio on/off? did you try to press this
button?

thanks,
max