Creative BT-D1

Iain Hibbert plunky at rya-online.net
Mon Apr 18 17:32:22 UTC 2011

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011, N V wrote:

> I look forward to buy some bluetooth stuff and bluetooth headphones
> particularly. While there is no support for the A2DP in the FreeBSD now
> (or did I miss something?), I wonder would some device like Creative
> BT-D1 help anyway? So the question is: does anybody know, what kind of
> the device Creative BT-D1 is (is it just a limited bluetooth device,
> which is only A2DP capable) and is there any stuff that'll make me able
> to use bluetooth headphones with the FreeBSD?

if it is stereo, then it is A2DP and there is no native support in *BSD. I
at least have failed to start working on this for quite some time and I
don't know if anybody else has done anything..

but, I have a stereo bluetooth headset that comes with a dongle to plug
into a headphone socket, so it can be used with any type of audio source
not just a 'computer' type..  that was a Logitech might be model F-0415A
but not sure

I don't know anything about the Creative BT-D1

iain