playstation 3 remote

Maksim Yevmenkin maksim.yevmenkin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 20:33:41 UTC 2008

On 6/19/08, Kevin Downey <redchin at gmail.com> wrote:
> has anyone got a playstation 3 bluetooth remote working? if you do,
>  how? Most websites says "enter" and "start" sets it up for pairing but
>  doing that I see nothing in hcidump or hcicontrol. This is my first
>  time out with bluetooth so any advise would be nice.

i'm guessing "enter" and "start" put the remote in the "discoverable" mode.

try to do 'hcicontrol inquiry' to see if you can discover ps3 remote.
once you know ps3 bd_addr you should be able to run sdp discovery,
i.e. 'sdpcontrol -a ps3_bd_addr browse' that may return the list of
supported services. i'm guessing ps3 remote will probably support hid
service, so if 'browse' command will not return anything, you might
want to try to search for hid service, i.e. 'sdpcontrol -a ps3_bd_addr
search hid'

once you know what services are offered, we can go from there.

thanks,
max