is bluetooth 2.0 speeds supported on freebsd?

Maksim Yevmenkin maksim.yevmenkin at savvis.net
Tue Jan 9 11:55:12 PST 2007

Alexander,

>>> Does freebsd implementation of bluetooth stack support data rates of
>>> bluetooth 2.0?
>> no, freebsd bluetooth stack is v1.1 and does not support bluetooth 2.0
>> edr as of now.
>
> AS OF NOW sounds better than NEVER will :o) but may I ask you do you make
> some steps towards edr support? is it realy hard to include edr support?

the main problem is time. basically i have to

1) go to a store/online and pick up a couple of bluetooth 2.0+edr
adapters. those are in $20 us range now (i.e cheap);

2) read and understand bluetooth 2.0 spec;

3) make changes to the existing code;

i do not think it would be very hard to add edr support. i suspect that
all needed to be done is to properly detect and configure edr device.

> can I help with something? I'm wery base-level programmer, but if you
> point me to some docs or specs etc or may be just give me some part of
> whole job I can help? AFAIK BlueZ do not support edr too... is it so
> difficult to implement edr on 1.1 base?

like i said, it should not be very hard to add 2.0+edr support. btw,
bluez does support 2.0+edr, so it could save me some time.

you could do a simple task of updating ng_hci.h headers to include all
the 2.0+edr hci commands and events. i think someone already might have
done a port of it. you are more then welcome to send patches to the list.

thanks,
max